Governors' Association throughout Hull and East Riding (GAtHER)
GAtHER seeks to:
CONNECT governors through:
- Organising cluster events in your locality
- Providing networking opportunities
- Sharing conversations and mutual learning between the ER and Hull member schools and academies
- Promoting national events through the National Governance Association
SUPPORT governors through:
- Representing your interests at local authority and national level
- Giving you a voice on our Forum and through contributions to our regular newsletters
- Seeking solutions to your concerns
INFORM governors through:
- Our e-newsletter GAtHERround
- Our annual conference and seminars
- Training opportunities
- Identification of national and local issues of interest to governors
GAtHER membership is open to all governing boards of all phases of Hull and East Riding schools and academies. There is a small subscription fee to cover our expenses for which member governing boards:
- Receive our twice termly e-newsletter GAtHERround containing news and commentary on DfE, Ofsted and Local Authority policies, governor reports of activities in their schools and an ‘Ask GAtHER’ feature in which governors can seek answers to any burning questions
- Can access our members-only online Forum where governors can share views and discuss current concerns.
- Are eligible for substantial discounts for attendance at our regular events.
GAtHER Autumn Seminar and AGM
Venue: Longroft Upper School, Burton Road, Beverley, HU17 7EJ
Date: Thursday 18th October.
Time: From 6.30 pm
Audience: All Hull and East Riding Governors and interested teachers
Topic: School Improvement through the Arts.
Presenter: Christina Birt, Creative Arts Consultant and Artsmark validator.
Charges: £7.50 per delegate for non-GAtHER member schools and £5.00 per delegate for members.